The study found Karen Handel to be one of the least bipartisan House lawmakers. She was 435 out of 438 in terms of her ability to reach out to others that think differently.
This is important because in my humble perspective, since she only won the District 51% to 48%, she should be more bipartisan.
This evidence suggests Handel is not the right candidate for the 6th District.
Click here to see the report if your interested in the details
Of course, selective perception, confirmation bias, and motivated reasoning affects what conclusions one can draw from the evidence. Here is a sampling of the conclusions one might draw, given your tribal leanings.
- Dems would conclude:
- Handel is indeed a Trump Tool and will do whatever Trump supporters tell her to do.
- She believes compromising with anyone to her left is a bad thing, not because of any reasonable policy differences, but simply because leftists are bad and you must not compromise with them.
- Trump Supporters would conclude:
- It does not matter what the evidence is because Georgetown is a liberal academic center. Anything they put out is biased, and anything biased from the left has to be completely ignored.
- Even it is true, even if, in fact, Handel is not bipartisan, well that is a good thing. We don’t want compromise with the Lefties because they are destroying America and we need to make America Great again, like in the 1950s. For Trump supporters the ends justifies the means. Winning is the goal. Getting their agenda is the goal. Compromise is not the goal. If fact, they believe compromise got us to this terrible place to begin with.
- Libertarians would conclude:
- The faction within Libertarians that believe in individual freedom and understand Hayek’s writings on Central Planners, would probably agree the evidence is valid and Handel is not bipartisan. And that should disqualify her in their eyes. (This faction would follow James Maddison’s advice in Federalist Paper #10 about “factions.” Madison wrote, “By a faction, I understand a number of citizens, whether amounting to a majority or a minority of the whole, who are united and actuated by some common impulse of passion, or of interest, adversed to the rights of other citizens, or to the permanent and aggregate interests of the community.” I would think Libertarians would want bipartisanship.
- The racists faction within the larger Libertarian community, who don’t want the Government giving money to blacks, or having blacks in government, would say that Handel lack of bipartisanship is a badge of honor. The ends justifies the means and Handel should not compromise with those lefties, commies, socialists atheists.
Looking at the report we, the Georgia 6th District, think the report is credible enough to believe it is correct. We conclude Karen Handel is not “bipartisan.” And we further think this is a negative. We think our Representative should have the 6th District top of mind, not GOP, Dem, or Libertarian.
If there are Trump Supporters or Karen Handel supporters that want to help provide evidence that either Karen is bipartisan and the report is wrong, or it is better that she is not bipartisan, here are our questions for Karen Handel:
- Does she consider the report valid? Would she say that they missed all the bipartisan things she has done?
- Would she consider herself bipartisan? If so, what examples can she provide?
- What has she done in our Community to reach out the 48% that voter against her?
- Does she think the ends justify the means?
Of course getting honest answers from Karen, her supporters or Trump Supporters, is not likely. She/they would lie about this stuff. She is a politician, after all.