Improve Communication Improve Your Life
Learn the Communication and Information Processing Skills needed to thrive in our “Hyper-Connected Digital World.”
Improve Communication Improve Your Life – Course Description
Improve Communication Improve Your life is an interactive class to help you achieve success by helping you learn the Communication and Information Processing Skills needed to thrive in our Hyper-Connected Digital World.
Updated April 2, 2023.
This interactive class offers you the opportunity to see how you can improve your life by simply improving a few simple communication and information processing skills.
Improve Communication Improve Your Life – Learning Objectives
- “Beginners” Learning Objectives
- Improve Your Fundamental Communication Skills.
- Improve Perception so you can improve your information-gathering abilities.
- Improve your Reading and Writing so you can improve your Message Encoding and Decoding abilities.
- Improve Noise Reduction so you can better adjust for biases.
- Improve Feedback so you can improve your learning.
- Improve Your Fundamental Information Processing Skills.
- Improve your thinking process so you can improve your decision-making.
- Improve your use of Search Algorithms so you can improve the amount of useful information you can store and retrieve.
- Identify your own personal “high-value” communication skills.
- Identify your personal plan to continually improve your communication skills.
- Improve Your Fundamental Communication Skills.
- “Masters” Learning Objectives
- Understand the history and future of Communication and Information.
- Understand the “Natural Laws” of Communication and Information.
- Understand the current “Theories” of Communication and Information.
Question: How do we improve our lives?
Answer: An improved life comes from good decisions, good decisions come from good information, and good information comes from good communication.
@lantis Collaborative Learning Participation Guidelines.
The goal of this class, and all other @lantis Classes, is to answer specific questions.
In this class, “Improved Communication Improve Your Life,” the question we are trying to answer is: How do we improve our lives?
And the Answer is: Improve our communication and information skills.
This class works best if everyone takes what they already know and what they learn in the class and share their ideas, thoughts, and creative suggestions with each other. This means practicing active listening and participating skills.
All Members of the Class are encouraged to add value to the class by providing new perspectives, insights, and guidance. The goal is to help the class focus on the “best practices” as we learn more.
As we learn new stuff, best practices should change. @lantis classes are designed to be continually updated with the latest knowledge so the Class can determine all the current best practices.
However, please remember you MUST BE A @LANTIS LEARNING NETWORK MEMBER TO ADD CONTENT TO THIS CLASS.
We wish for as much diverse content as possible, but the content has to be vetted, and that starts with the vetting of the creator of the content.
The author and date of creation are the two foundational pieces of “meta-data” that start the @lantis Educational Blockchain.
Remember that all your content and your name are protected by the use of “Avatars” and “Tokens.”
@lantis Class Structure:
@lantis classes are unlike traditional classes. @lantis classes are more like an “Open Source” Project. WordPress, Linux, LibreOffice, or GNU Image Manipulation Program are examples of Open Source Projects, but there are many more. Click here for more information on Open Source.. The goal of any @lantis class is to have the learners add learning back into the class. This learning is added to the @lantis Network Library in form of structured “Learning Packets (LPs).” The Class should represent the “Best Learning Packets (LPs)” to teach something. Those LPs should be dynamically updated as new information is processed. The new information would either confirm the LP is, in fact, the “Best” LP or suggest a change to the LP. If the information suggests a change, there should be a suggestion as to how the LP should change. At any given time there should be a list of suggested changes to the LPs. Those changes are discussed in the Class and voted on by the Class. Any Class member can vote yes or no. Supermajorities are required to make the changes. Non-members of the @lantis Learning Network (ALN) can take the class and learn from it, but have to be a member of the ALN to add or change a class LP. The reason for this is simple, the more we know about the source of the LP the better we can value the learning. Only ALN members can add Learning Packets to the ALN Library because only they have a “vetted” profile. A “vetted” profile is required to optimally value the LP. The ALN profile is an “Avatar” to others on the network. Every member’s personal information is completely separate from the information in the library.
Ways to Add Value to the Network
- Agreement/disagreement with the LP – Meta-Data
- Create New Learning – Create a “Base Learning Packet.”
- Create a “Fork Learning Packet” – Add additional Content or change existing content in a LP.
- Add, Change, Delete LP Meta-Data – Increase the “transparency” of
The goal of the @lantis Network is to help the Community thrive in our 21st Century Hyper-connected Digital world by helping each of us to learn how to thrive in our 21st Century Hyper-connected Digital world.